Infrared radiant heaters are fast responding and a very efficient
source of radiant energy. With heat-up capabilities of 45 to 50
seconds, and complete cool down in approximately 15 seconds, this
is an ideal heating device for use in applications where frequent
line stoppage is expected or immediate heat-up and cool down is
- Operating temperature up to 1600º F ( 870º C).
- Sheath watt densities up to 60 watts per linear inch.
- Medium Wave / Medium Intensity.
- Quick delivery on replacement elements means less down time
waiting for parts.
- Terminal ends are available for virtually every enclosure.
- Ceramic end caps are bonded to the end of the quartz tubing
to provide a rigid support for terminations.
- Competitively priced.
- Quick heat-up and cool down.
- High operating temperatures permit fast thermal processes.
- No glare.
- A clean thermal energy source.
- Shrink packaging.
- Vulcanizing and curing rubber.
- Fusing processes.
- Space heaters.
- Drying processes (coatings, textiles, photos, and sand core
- Electrostatic copy equipment.
- For a longer operating life and more efficient heating, quartz
heating applications should be rated around 35 to 45 watts per
- Quartz heaters are designed for horizontal use only.
- The translucent quartz tube provides an infrared wave length
at an energy peak of 2.5 to 4.0 microns, when operating at full
voltage, and is suitable for most industrial applications.
Two notes of caution
- White cotton gloves should be worn when handling quartz elements.
Touching the elements with bare hands can leave oil and dirt from
the skin and contaminate the quartz sheath causing hot spots and
- Quartz heaters must not be operated in the presence of combustible
materials, such as vapors, gases or other flammable materials
without proper ventilation.
Radiant Heat Advantages
- High Efficiency - Radiant Energy is created to directly heat
- Lower initial cost - easy installation & maintenance reduces
- Close Product Temperature Control-Radiant Heaters can be zoned
to provide high heat in one area & low in another.
- Cleaner environment - no product contamination because air circulation
in an infrared oven is minimal. Powder coatings & light weight
materials are quickly heated due to low volume of air & low
Outside diameter (Nominal/Actual):
1/2" inch/0.512 inch
8'' inches to 100'' inches
Ceramic End Caps:
3/8" tube: 3/8" inch dia. x 1/2" inch long
1/2 " tube: 3/4" dia. x 1/2" inch long
5/8" tube: 15/16" inch dia. x 1/2" inch long
Standard on Quartz Tubes for Panels