Plug Immersion Heaters
Screw plug immersion heaters are used by the process heat industry
for a wide range of applications. This type features a broad selection
of screw plug sizes, wattage, materials and junction box types.
Screw plug heaters may be threaded directly into a sufficient tank
wall or used with a companion coupling.
- Select the heater size best suited for your application.
- Choose the appropriate watt density for the solution.
- Choose the proper sheath for the solution being heated to avoid
- Uniform heat distribution in larger tanks is enhanced by the
use of several heaters rather than one large heater.
- Protect heaters and tank against liquid level drops with safety
- Clean heaters periodically to avoid premature failure.
- Avoid physical damage to heaters.
- Mount all heaters securely.
- Use the appropriate terminal box for each application.
- Select an appropriate temperature control.
- Electrical wiring should be in accordance with national and
- Contact us for any sales or service questions or problems.
C = Copper Sheath
Hot Water Storage for washrooms, showers, part washing or rinsing,
freeze protection of sprinkler systems and cooling towers.
SA = 304 Stainless Steel
Tanks or processes with tar, asphalt, wax, heat transfer fluids,
oil and other petroleum products, fuel oil, alcohol, caustic, and
other "heavy" mediums.
SB = 316 Stainless Steel
Detergent based cleaning solutions, liquid ammonia, vegetable oil,
Deionized water, electroless nickel and other alkaline plating solutions.
T = Titanium
Seawater, brine, chromic acid, Deionized water.
N = Incoloy ®
Air and many gases, Deionized water and other high temperature processes.
TF = Teflon ®
Hydrofluoric acid,ammonia bi-fluoride, Deionized water.
- Heaters available with special wattage and voltage.
- Excellent selection for vapor degreasing systems.
- Low watt density for oil heating.
- Easily installed with a wrench.
- Thermostat control available.
- Excellent choice for jacketed process tanks.
- Provides freeze protection in outdoor environment.
- UL Listed / CSA Certified up to 18 KW, 600 VAC.
- Applied for pipeline heating.
- Prompt delivery.
- 100% Utilization of energy.
- Minimum resistance to free flow and circulation to heated solutions.
- Electropolish available.